Inside: 25 leftover pumpkin ideas!
Some would say pumpkin season is coming to a close next week…but, we completely disagree!
We can think of lots Halloween pumpkin ideas for all of those leftover pumpkins, from recipes to decor, that’ll keep them around long after fall has turned to winter. So cheer up, buttercup! Even though Halloween is next week, these leftover pumpkin ideas are here to stay. 🙂
Here are 25 fun ideas for leftover pumpkins
1.Of all the leftover pumpkin ideas we have, this is our favorite! Create a Thanksgiving Menu! This idea comes to life in a couple of easy steps:
Paint the pumpkin with chalkboard paint.
Write out the dishes you’re serving up for Thanksgiving dinner directly onto the pumpkin with chalk! So easy and such a fun and fresh way to display the day’s delights.
2. Homemade Pumpkin Butter uses the real deal and you can definitely tell the difference in every sweet and spicy spoonful. We’re tempted to spread some onto just about everything…and we aren’t scared to share the secret!
3. Roast the Seeds: This is one of my all-time favorite leftover pumpkin ideas! Scooping out all those pumpkin guts and seed then popping them into the oven for a yummy snack!
4. Grab your girls, the newest chick flick, and this DIY Pumpkin Face Mask for a fun fall-inspired night in.
5. Another fun girls night idea is this yummy smelling pumpkin sugar scrub recipe! This is the perfect leftover pumpkin idea!
6. Pumpkin Fries: I didn’t even know that was a thing until a searched to see if it was… and it is. Get a great recipe for baked parmesan fries HERE.
8. If you’ve already carved your pumpkins, this Pumpkin Toss idea is just for you! Or, you can start with whole pumpkins too. Carve big wholes in different sized pumpkins, paint point values on each, and see who can rack up the most points with a bean bag toss!
9. Another fun pumpkin game is Pumpkin Bowling! Roll a pumpkin down a lane and knock over pins. Easy peasy.
More Fun Leftover Pumpkin Ideas
10. While pumpkin sweet treats are always a must for the fall, we think this Fresh Pumpkin Soup is the perfect savory counterpart. Curl up under a soft blanket with a big, warm bowl of this pumpkin-y goodness for a delicious fall meal that won’t have you missing the sugar one bit!
11. Once Halloween is over, spruce up your leftover pumpkin with this fun fall idea! These pumpkin turkeys make a great craft for the kids or a cute centerpiece for Thanksgiving!
12. This bourbon pumpkin caramel sauce is the yummiest leftover pumpkin recipe for all your fall feasts!
14. Set a pretty table this Thanksgiving by adding some glitter to you leftover pumpkin idea and then filling them with votive candles. These DIY Pumpkin Candle Holders are simply to make using regular or styrofoam pumpkins, your pick!
15. These monogrammed pumpkins make the perfect fall decor for your home!
16. I am all about the succulent craze, aren’t you?! These cute little guys are just so easy to care for and beyond cute; we can’t get enough! Plant some in a pumpkin and you’ve got yourself an adorable Pumpkin Succulent Centerpiece for any fall gathering. We won’t hold it against you if decide to keep them around well beyond the fall season…we already plan to 🙂
Sweet Leftover Pumpkin Ideas
17. If you’ve got a good amount of patience and aren’t afraid to try something new, maybe you should test out this Pumpkin Ale recipe for us! We’re certainly not brewmasters, although we do enjoy a good craft beer here and there, but this recipe is convincing us otherwise. We may just have to hop on the brewing bandwagon and get a batch going in time for next fall!
18. Ok, this is about to get real basic. But we can’t deny the huge impact the PSL has had on the celebration of fall. If you’d like to learn how to make your own at home, with fresh pumpkin, listen up! This Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe calls for pureed pumpkin…yes, you can get it from the store in a can. But, if you’ve already got pumpkins at home, take it to the next level, and whip up your own puree too! If you’re skipping the coffee date, you’ve got the time, right? 😉
19. Do you know what goes great with a pumpkin spice latte? This yummy pumpkin granola recipe! It is the perfect fall treat!
20. Can’t imagine your life without these sweet lil’ pumpkins? There’s only one way to keep ’em…plant ’em! That’s right, you can keep the seeds from your pumpkins and plant them to grow new pumpkins just in time for next year’s harvest. Read all about Growing Pumpkins and then get to create your very own garden!
Halloween pumpkin ideas for all the holidays
21. And I know Halloween isn’t even over yet, but sometimes a holiday idea is so great we just have to jump in early! This leftover pumpkin idea is to use your leftover pumpkins as Christmas decor! When left uncarved, pumpkins stay good for so long, it’s the perfect excuse to use ours across all the holidays. These Christmas Caroling Pumpkins are just way too cute!
23. Another fun Christmas pumpkin ideas are these Grinch painted pumpkins!
23. I also LOVE these snowmen painted pumpkins! They would look so cute lined up on your front porch! Plus you don’t have to waste any precious pumpkins!
24. These pumpkins look like large ornaments! How fun is this?? They bring a fun joyful spirit to the holidays!
25. Add some more holiday fun with these reindeer decorated pumpkins! I know that the kids will LOVE these festive decorations!
What’s your favorite leftover pumpkin idea? Does your family have a tradition you keep every year? We’re so excited to keep celebrating all of the holidays with pumpkins this year.
PS. Baking a cake inside a pumpkin, pumpkin ice cream, and a pumpkin bourbon slushie.