DIY gifts for anyone and everyone! There are so many amazing ideas here, that you can still make in time for Christmas.
Just days before Christmas, I wanted to put together a really big list of DIY gift ideas for the holidays before it gets too late. Only 2 days left! How is that even possible?!
I may have gotten a little carried away though because I almost fell asleep putting it together. Ha! For real though! There are so many good DIY gift ideas on the list this year – 92 projects to be exact! So there will be no excuse for not finding something to make for a friend or family member this holiday season.
Alright, roll up those sleeves and open up that crafting drawer. Here are 92 really good DIY gift ideas for the holiday season. P.S. I’m also dying to know what your favorite gift you ever received is! I shared mine after the jump, and I’d love to hear yours too.
Okay, before we jump into the big list of DIY holiday gifts, I want to ask you: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GIFT THAT YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED?! I’m truly dying to know! I’m always so curious to know what personal stories people share for this question. And I’ll even go first, so that you don’t feel intimidated.
Here’s mine… My favorite gift that I’ve ever received was one that Jeff made for me on my birthday. He’s probably going to be so embarrassed that I’m sharing this, but here’s the story…
We’d been dating for about a year at that point and already living together. Clearly, not the traditional couple around here. Ha! And he hand lettered a little poster for me, that said all these really sweet things, with some drawings and doodles too. We met in an art class, so these kinds of things were especially fitting at the time.
He hung it on the wall after I went to sleep, so it would be hanging up in the morning. And it was the sweetest thing to wake up to. And by far my favorite gift ever.
It may not sound like much to get worked up over. I don’t think I’m doing it justice in describing, so that’s my fault. But I still think about it to this day. I’m still kicking myself over the fact that it got lost in one of our many moves. But I’ll always have that memory at least.
Your turn! What’s your pick for your all-time favorite gift you’ve received?! Let me know in the comments below. And while you’re thinking about it…
92 Cool DIY Gifts to Try
1. DIY rope bowls are very easy to make and look so sculptural and pretty sitting on a shelf IMO.
2. For the jewelry lover, this DIY statement necklace made of wire could be a really cool gift idea. This is one of my favorite necklaces we’ve ever made. Such a statement piece.
3. Personally, I would love one of these DIY woven leather basket (from Hello Glow) for Christmas, if anyone wants to make one for me.
4. Love this three-dimensional planter DIY from Almost Makes Perfect.
5. These groovy wave sandals were in weekly rotation for me until I lost them on a trip last year. Make your own with this tutorial (it’s a free download for the desin and you can iron it on to whatever you want): DIY summer accessories.
6. DIY reusable produce bags are a great gift for everyone on your list because we all go grocery shopping. And having a reusable, eco-friendly option that helps skip plastic bag use is great, right?
7. Looking for DIY gifts for baby? There are a few really cute gift ideas at that link – a DIY matching game, a DIY blanket / throw, and (my favorite) a DIY soft book toy that helps kiddos learn shapes.
8. Okay! These DIY clay earrings are one the most popular projects on Paper and Stitch. So, there might be something to ’em. Wink.
9. I will never stop suggesting DIY art ideas here. And artwork can make a great gift too. So, I’m including them on the list. There are 6 different art ideas on that post btw.
10. How pretty are these DIY punch rug artwork from Fall for DIY?
11. My fabric paper mache bowls are seriously a VERY fun thing to make. And the perfect gift for friends who need to keep little things organized – jewelry, office supplies, etc.
12. These Matisse t-shirts from The House that Lars Built are so cute. If you have a Cricut machine, you can print the design onto any tee, tote bag, etc.
13. How to make plush toys! These were a big hit when Hayes was a baby, but they’d be cute for toddlers and kids too. Once you know how to make these, you can do pretty much any shape you can think of.
14. Check out this tutorial for how to paint on glass and you can find an inexpensive glass piece and customizes it for someone who loves color and home decor.
15. I know its winter, but I’d be happy to receive a DIY basket bag like this one anytime of year.
16. Admittedly, this gift idea isn’t for everyone. BUT if you know someone that’s big on decor trends, they would probably love this expanding foam vase project.
17. Large scale artwork for under $15? Yes please! I think this would be a great gift for so many people. And it’s super affordable too, so what have you got to lose?
18. Clay mushrooms anyone? These are DIY ornaments, BUT they can be easily converted to just figurines if ornaments and gift toppers aren’t your thing.
19. I made these canvas DIY wine bags a few years ago and will always recommend them for anyone gifting wine. It’s he perfect (reusable) tote for wine bottles and cute packaging for a gift too.
20. Try embossing leather to make a journal, for someone who loves to write. Here’s the tutorial: unique DIY leather projects.
21. Also love this embossed leather vase idea I made a while back. If you have a Cricut this project will be the easiest ever.
22. Here’s an easy one (and super affordable too): cute face earrings DIY.
23. I will never get over the fact that this macrame handbag is a DIY! From Fabrica de Imaginacion.
24. Another sewing project that I love: monstera leaf pillow DIY.
25. This is an oldie but goodie: DIY leather stamped flasks.
26. If you are gifting earrings, here’s a fun way to display them: velvet earring tags DIY from Oleander and Palm.
27. The daintiest DIY mini beaded rings from Fall for DIY. These would be a sweet gift for a tween.
28. For 2020, you can’t go wrong with a cute mask or bandana option. And you can customize existing solid color options with this tutorial for how to tie dye with bleach. You can use that process reverse tie dye almost anything too.
29. Okay! This idea doesn’t even need to be DIYed, unless you consider printing something out a DIY. Haha. Check out the printable inspirational sayings (free download).
30. Here’s another Cricut project, so if you have one, this will be so easy! I made some free designs for DIY iron on projects that you can use on almost anything.
31. So many of us are working from home these days, so I thought I’d include this DIY concrete photo holder. It can be used as a paperweight AND a photo holder – for your desk or anywhere.
32. Nothing like a good statement piece of jewelry? And these DIY statement earrings are made of leather, so they’re affordable to make and light to wear.
33. Ever wondered how to add color to concrete? My colorful concrete vase DIY tutorial will show you how.
34. Might be a bit too practical of a gift for kids? But I don’t care, I love these DIY lunch bag made of canvas and leather. Good for adults too, even if most of us aren’t actually on the go for lunch these days.
35. More jewelry! This one is for a leather and brass DIY necklace idea. Know anyone that would love this necklace?
36. Self care is crucial this year, so here’s a DIY grapefruit sugar scrub from Fall for DIY. I imagine this scrub smells SO good! And sugar scrubs are always nice for a long bath soak.
37. Another free art download: painterly art prints.
38. If you know how to macrame or want to learn, this DIY macrame bag from A Pair and a Spare would make the perfect gift for someone you love.
39. Need to organize your kid’s supplies for at home learning? This DIY rollup organizer would be a good present for something like that.
40. Get fancy with a DIY poncho wrap scarf for Mom or a friend. You’ll be shocked how easy this project is!
41. Who loves embroidery? Me, me, me! So here’s a DIY beret idea.
42. The possibilities are endless for sizes and shapes you could make with this leather DIY drawstring bag tutorial.
43. One of my most popular posts lately has been this DIY apron. Maybe it’s because you can sew it in 10 minutes? Either way, it’s cute and quick to make!
44. I still have these DIY painter shoes today and almost every time I wear them, I get compliments.
45. Pretty gold statement earrings DIY from A Beautiful Mess.
46. These DIY triangle leather pouches from Almost Makes Perfect would be perfect stocking stuffers for almost anyone on your list.
Groundbreaking Re-Invented Marketing Funnel & Page Builder
47. Brittany from The House that Lars Built makes such beautiful thing and I thought this DIY wire portrait was really unique and cool.
48. Giving a goo smelling candle as a gift is a no-fail idea, especially if it comes in a cute container. Make your own candles with this tutorial: DIY scented soy candles.
49. Okay! This DIY weaving loom (in two sizes) is the BEST gift idea for crafters! The materials are easy to find and inexpensive to make too.
50. Good at hand lettering? Or at least wish you were? Check out this hand lettered wall art DIY (with video).
51. Here’s a DIY dyed hankies idea for guys (and girls).
52. Add a little flair to a basic beanie with this idea for DIY pom pom beanies.
53. How cute is this DIY polymer knot paperweight from Fall for DIY? It’s so simple and the perfect addition to open shelving.
54. Beauty lovers with appreciate this 2 ingredient lip gloss.
55. A large scale weaving hack made out of an unlikely supply.
56. If you’re missing travel right now, or someone who is, these DIY leather luggage tags from Almost Makes Perfect would be a sweet gift. Something to remind us all that one day we’ll be able to travel again. Fingers crossed.
57. The cutest DIY stuffed whale from The House that Lars Built!
58. Stamped metal bracelets that you can make and customize with your own messages and sayings.
59. Because we could all use a little more sleep, a DIY linen eye mask from A Pair and a Spare seems appropriate.
60. A really minimal DIY earring stand from The Merrythought. Great beginner project!
61. Make these DIY mini planters (and learn how to dye plaster at the same time).
62. A brass curve necklace DIY from Almost Makes Perfect.
63. I love the texture and look of rolled beeswax candles. Don’t you? This DIY version is from Oh Happy Day.
64. A quick project that looks super professional – DIY sewn leather pouches.
65. I love natural room sprays – super clever DIY gift idea from A Beautiful Mess.
66. Use a napkin to create a DIY cafe apron in ten minutes!
67. For the cook – a geometric cutting board idea.
68. Another candle idea, but this one is fro votives – candle votives on a budget.
69. Use up old denim jeans for something new and cute in about an hour: denim clutch DIY.
70. And another bag idea. This one is a DIY cross body bag that costs less than $10 to make.
71. IMO – the prettiest DIY copper hair accessory.
72. For that person we all know that is constantly losing their keys: leather keychain DIY from The Crafted Life.
73. The cutest DIY succulent pots from Hello Glow.
74. A second lip balm tutorial, but this one is completely natural – completely natural lip balms that are only two ingredients.
75. I think these DIY fabric cocktail napkins would be cute for someone who loves making (and drinking) cocktails. Or just someone who likes home decor stuff.
76. Again, self care is the name of the game this year. Which is why a DIY bathtub caddy from The Merrythought made the list.
77. These DIY raw stone earring set from Alice and Lois are stunning!
78. A DIY fold-over clutch that’s reversible too. Change the look with every outfit.
79. Another DIY art hack for the art lovers out there.
80. You know I love dyeing things and these DIY dip-dyed woven baskets are one of the first things I dyed (on the blog at least).
81. Playful DIY terracotta ornaments that can be used as gift toppers too.
82. Very pretty DIY plaster cheeseboards from Sugar and Cloth.
83. Love these DIY statement tassels. They look cool just hanging on a peg rail shelf or hanging from a doorknob.
84. A simple DIY shirt idea.
85. Finger knit these DIY potholders for the chef. Only takes one supply to make!
86. Know an art lover? Check out these painterly art prints (free download). And if you’re looking for a gift for someone who is more of a neutrals kind of person, just change the saturation of the digital downloads or switch to black and white. I just did this with two of the four prints in Photoshop the other day and it worked like a charm.
87. These rainbow crayons would be such a cute stocking stuffers for kids. I think I’m going to put some of these in Hayes’ stocking this year too – just need a little canvas bag to put them all in.
88. Cool DIY terrazzo soap for Fall for DIY, since we’re all washing our hands 24/7.
89. Cool DIY gold leaf planters from Honestly WTF for the green thumbs.
90. A DIY weekender / gym bag from A Beautiful Mess for when we can all travel again.
91. A DIY skinny bow tie (for men and women).
92. DIY notebooks that are cool and stylish. make them for adults and kids! Great stocking stuffers too.
Are you a fan of DIY gift ideas for the holidays?! What’s your pick for your all-time favorite gift you’ve received?!
Source link Craft