Inside: A Very Merry Christmas Village Cake.
This very merry Christmas village cake is the sweetest treat for all your holiday festivities! I don’t know about you but we have a MILLION different Christmas parties we attend during the holiday season and I always love bringing something very special treat to each gathering. Part of the festive fun is treating my friends and family to a yummy homemade dessert which is why I love this fun cake. I also LOVE these ugly Christmas sweater cookies, you should check them out.
Very Merry Christmas Cake Supplies
There are just a few simple supplies you will need for this Christmas village cake. I used premade cookie dough for this recipe, but if you have extra time you could definitely make your own dough following this sugar cookie recipe for perfectly shaped cookies.
Here is what you will need:
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Iced Cake
- Village Templates
- Food Coloring
I love the fun pop of colors and festive flair it adds to the dessert table. Plus it’s an extra sweet touch to have cookies as part of your cake dessert. You can use any recipe for your cake, like a fun gingerbread, or just a classic chocolate recipe. There are so many different options, but I love the idea of using a festive spiced cake or something Christmas-y!
How To Make A Christmas Village Cake
This village cake is SUPER easy to make, and only takes a few easy steps.
- First, you want to take your sugar cookie dough and split into 3 equal parts.
- Add food coloring and chill.
- Roll out your cookie dough and use the village template to cut out these cute cutouts.
- Bake your cookies according to the package.
- Use royal icing to create full and festive designs on your cookies.
- Attach to your cake using any leftover icing, and enjoy!
Groundbreaking Re-Invented Marketing Funnel & Page Builder
A Few Christmas Village Cake Tips
When making this cake, I learned a couple tips and tricks to make it easier!
- If your cookies expand during the baking process, just take a sharp knife and trim up the edges a few minutes out of the oven. The cookies will be hot, so be careful but this will ensure clean straight lines!
- Let your cookies completely cool before icing or attaching to your cake.
- I like to use royal icing when decorating these cookies, I just like the taste of it better. If you don’t know how to use royal icing, check out these tips.
More Christmas Fun
Like I said before we have tons of parties during this holiday season, and WE LOVE IT! We love everything about Christmas from the gifts to the Christmas Village Cake. Here are some fun and festive ideas that we love the most!
I hope this Very Merry Christmas Village Cake brings a little joy to your holiday party! Let us know in the comments what your favorite holiday treat is.
(Photos @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray)