Inside: How to make DIY Galaxy Shoes with a Sharpie.
These totally stellar DIY galaxy shoes are the perfect out of this world DIY to create. I love all the fun vibrant colors and glitter accents that make this galaxy project come alive.
The awesome part about these star inspired shoes is that you can make them with supplies you will find around your house, all you need is a pair of shoes, sharpies, and a little imagination! Wouldn’t they be the cutest party favors or summer craft camp project?
How to make DIY Galaxy Shoes with a Sharpie
You just need a few simple supplies to make these DIY Galaxy Shoes with a Sharpie:
- A Pair of Shoes – Preferably white or light colored
- A group of galaxy colored sharpies
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Squirt Bottle
- Fabric Glitter Paint
- White Paint
Now the process of making these DIY galaxy shoes with a sharpie can get a little messy. So, before you start make sure to lay down a lot of paper towels and work in a space where you won’t ruin anything! Let’s get started.
- To start making your DIY galaxy shoes you will need to take your shoelaces out.
- Then grab your galaxy colored sharpies and make random spots all around the shoes. Fill the entire shoe.
- Grab the rubbing alcohol and douse the entire shoe. Let them dry upside down for 24 hours. Letting them dry upside down helps eliminate the runoff on the sole of the shoes.
- Once your shoes have completely dried use rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball to clean up the sole of the shoe.
- Next, apply the glitter fabric paint by using your finger like I did or you can use a paintbrush. Rub this in random spots of the shoes.
- Take your paint brush and dip into a good amount of white paint. Use your finger to flick the bristles to create a cool splatter effect.
- Last, let your DIY galaxy shoes dry completely and add back your shoelaces!
Groundbreaking Re-Invented Marketing Funnel & Page Builder
Tips for DIY Galaxy Shoes
Here are a few helpful tips to make sure your DIY galaxy shoes with a sharpie turn out perfectly every time!
- To start, make sure to remove your shoelaces. Unless you are wanting the shoelaces to have a galaxy effect, make sure to remove them.
- When you are making your sharpie spots spread out the colors evenly. Light and dark colors, and make sure to use a black sharpie. The black color really gives off the galaxy effect.
- When applying the rubbing alcohol to the shoes you can either tape the soles of the shoes to make sure there is no runoff or flip the shoes upsidedown when applying. Luckily for me when I got a little runoff on my soles it came off easily with a little bit of rubbing alcohol.
- To as the star splatter with white paint, you want to make sure and have a good amount of paint on your paintbrush. Then flick the brush with your finger. I hold my brush back about 6in, just to make sure to not get too much!
A Few More DIY Galaxy Party Inspirations
(Photos & video @ASubtleRevelry created by Whitney Gray)