How to Make Slime with Toothpaste
Inside: How to make slime with toothpaste, fun and easy recipe.
I don’t know about you but my kids just can’t enough of all the different versions of slime to make! There are a million different versions out there, and we are fond of the more natural ones like this slime without Borax, but a slime recipe with toothpaste!? Now this has to be one of my all time favorites. It is super easy to make and smells so clean!
How to make slime with toothpaste
There are just a few simple things you need to create this fun toothpaste slime recipe, including:
- Crest Toothpaste – The key to this toothpaste – is that it MUST have baking soda
- Peel Face mask – You can usually find a cheap version at your local drug store
- Contact Solution
- Water Bottle
- Rainbow Colored Food Coloring
Slime with toothpaste recipe, step-by-step instructions
1. First, you will want to add about a nickel-size amount into your empty water bottle. Then add about 1/2 a tablespoon of water to the water bottle. Then shake the bottle till you get a full bottle of foam. This foam is a key component.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of clear peel face mask to a small bowl.
3. Next, add the food coloring of your choice and mix well.
4. Then add 2 tablespoons of your toothpaste foam, and mix.
5. Once you have mixed the two together start adding small amounts of contact solution until you reach your desired consistency.
design-9-683x1024.jpg 683w, https://asubtlerevelry.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Untitled-design-9-200x300.jpg 200w, https://asubtlerevelry.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Untitled-design-9.jpg 735w" alt="How to make DIY toothpaste slime" width="800" height="1199" />
A few easy tips for how to make toothpaste slime
When you are mixing your toothpaste and water mixture into your empty water bottle, start with a smaller amount of water and add more if needed. The more water that is left after shaking to create the foam the stickier your slime will be.
Always mix your food coloring in before adding the foam. The few times I added food coloring after the smile turned out sticky and stained my hands.
Store your slime in an airtight container, this slime drys out pretty quickly due to the peel face mask. So if you are wanting to keep this slime for longer than a few hours seal it up good!
5 fun ways to play with toothpaste slime
Now that you know how to make slime with toothpaste, here are a few different ways you can play with it:
- Make a bubble with your hands by stretching the slime up and out then quickly dropping the top like a parachute. This activity usually takes two people to perfect!
- Stick the end of a straw in the middle of slime, pinch where straw is and blow softly to make a fun bubble.
- This slime is super stretchy so this such a great slime to pull and stretch. We had some friendly competitions to see who could stretch it the longest.
- Use a cookie cutter or a knife to make fun silly shapes.
- One of my favorites, add a sparkly glitter or fun beads to add a unique texture to your toothpaste slime.
How to clean toothpaste slime messes
We all have that certain someone that might get a little carried away with their slime fun. But don’t worry I have a couple of ways to help clean up those toothpaste slime messes.
The great part about this slime is that it smells a whole lot better than most, which in itself makes it well worth it! But if you happen to get the slime stuck to your clothing, quickly take another small piece of slime and dab it quickly against the stuck part till it pulls it off of your clothes. If that doesn’t work, try this method, I had a stubborn slime accident and this worked perfectly!
Like I said before I love this toothpaste slime recipe, it’s easy, fun, and smells great. Don’t forget to check out our other fun slime recipes like this easy clear slime, a bubble gum slime recipe or this super cool magnetic slime recipe!
(Photos & video @ASubtleRevelry created by Whitney Gray)