Keep Your House Clean During Lockdown + Printable Chore Chart
Have you ever struggled with consistently doing the dusting, sweeping, and washing? Domestic chores can become quite a hassle over time even for the most devoted neat freaks. To keep your house clean all year round and let your inner Monica Geller shine, it’s important to keep the right supplies on hand and adopt healthy habits. Here is how you can do just that.
What Are Some of the Best Supplies to Keep on Hand To Keep Your House Clean?
Keeping your home tidy and organized heavily relies on the types of products you use for the various housework tasks that are necessary.
Please note that this page may contain affiliate links
Any successful homemaker will tell you that you need an arsenal of high-quality supplies that can take care of any mess for you with ease and efficiency. Here are our recommendations, in no particular order.
The Essentials for a Shipshape Home
- Multi-surface cleaner This product is indispensable, as it can be used on a wide variety of surfaces, as the name suggests.
- Dishwashing liquid Doing the dishes is an essential part of keeping the house spotless. Choose a high-quality soap that dissolves even the most stubborn grease stains.
- Laundry detergent This should go without saying, but doing your washing regularly is the key to a happy and healthy existence.
- Disinfecting Wipes If you don’t want to waste time with sterilizing solutions and whatnot, using disinfecting wipes is the next best thing. It is quick, easy, and gets the job done.
- Carpet cleaner Carpets are notorious for collecting dust, dirt, and other types of grime. A carpet cleaning solution is the best way to keep them tidy and hygienic.
- Furniture polish Dust-free and glistening furniture adds to the sanitation factor of a home, so keep some polish on hand.
For more information on the best brands, prices, and other relevant details, we advise you to consult a speciality website such as Which or the BestReviewsInfo. On there, you will find the detailed information you need to make every surface in your home shine.
How Can I Adopt More Sustainable Habits to Keep My House Clean?
Stocking up on cleaning supplies is undoubtedly useful, but the true secret to keeping your house clean all year round effortlessly lies in adopting sustainable habits in your everyday life. By paying attention to just a few uncomplicated responsibilities every day, you will manage to reduce the number of household tasks that need to be performed routinely and in-depth.
Grab Your Free Printable Chore Chart in both US Letter size and A4:
Everyday Tasks to Focus On To Keep Your House Clean
- Wash a load of laundry every day. Instead of letting dirty clothes pile up and having to wash them for three days straight at the end of the month, why not start your day with a load of laundry? This will ensure that you and your family always have clean clothes to wear, and you won’t dread the process as much.
- Dry off the sink and bathtub after using. This simple habit is as efficient as it is easy to enforce. After using the sink or bathtub, take some time to dry it off. This will leave it spotless and residue-free for a longer amount of time.
- Wash the dishes after every meal. Get used to washing dishes as you use them. This will keep the kitchen sink clear, and it will prevent any unpleasant smells from forming as well. There may still be times when you require the use of some sink unblocker, but it’s much easier to manage.
- Keep living areas neat. Always maintain the rooms tidy. Pick up after yourself, make the bed, and always sweep up any crumbs or dirt you leave behind.
Will a Schedule Help Me Maintain a Routine?
Did you know that writing down a clear schedule is the most suitable method to organize your cleaning routine? By choosing one important chore to focus on, you can get away with just 20 minutes of housework per day which is a perfect way to keep your house clean all year round!
Surface clean every room of the house weekly at least once, and focus on other tasks such as sweeping, vacuuming, laundry, and window wiping.
Tidy your clothes once a month, as well as the refrigerator, pantry, and kitchen cabinets. Preserve everything in an organized layout to avoid making a mess.
In addition to this, make sure to deep clean every room of the house bi-monthly. This is especially important for the bathroom and kitchen, which can become a playground for bacteria if left unattended.
Living in a hygienic environment requires time and dedication. The good news is that there’s no reason why you shouldn’t try to make the process as easy as possible.
Fortunately, with a few essential supplies, and a strict schedule, keeping your house clean is definitely achievable. Are you ready to keep your house clean all year round?
Annie Burke is a lifestyle blogger. In her writing, she likes to touch topics that range from personal style to fitness improvement and inspiration. Annie aims to inspire and motivate the readers through her writing one article at a time.